Friday, May 11, 2012

Update on my Dad

Good Evening! My dad got out of surgery about 5 PM, and we got to see him about 8:30. He had a triple by-pass and came through it well. The doctor was impressed by how good his heart muscles looked and how good the 36 inches of vein looked that they took from his left leg to do the by-passes with. The doctor was very happy with the results of the surgery and expects a good recovery.

It really doesn't matter how much you prepare yourself for seeing someone after any kind of surgery, it is still a shock, and quite upsetting. For me, it brought back memories of my youngest granddaughter that went back Home to her Creator. But I know that my dad is in the gentle hands of his Creator as well as the skilled hands of his surgeon and the nurses taking care of him. And I know that my sweet angel granddaughter was also presiding over things in surgery with her great grandpa, too. He adored her when she was here with us. And things will be as they will be. I have no control over what happens in my dad's life, but I do have control over what happens in my own. I can either let this take me into the pit of despair or rejoice that my dad is still with me. Yes, it was a blow that this happened to my dad, but, he caught the problem before it could have ended his life. And he really was not too far from having a heart attack, possibly one that could have ended his life. It really slams the lesson home again that life is very unpredictable. It takes things like this to remind us what is REALLY important to us. My family is VERY important to me. I've lived with my parents in my life for 56 years now. I know that at some point in the future, they will not be with me anymore, but I am going to cherish them for the rest of my life. They were my first teachers. They are the first loves of my life, and always will be. I learned very early in my life who was important in my life, and that is my family.....my parents, my younger siblings, my sons and my grandchildren. They are my motor that keeps me going in this life.

Please! Take time out of each day to spend some time with those you love, even if it is just calling them and talking to them on the phone. Tell them you love them everyday, even if you are upset with them, because you never know when they will be gone, and leave a huge hole in your life that can never be filled. If you have done something you need to say you are sorry for....say it! If you have things to mend with those you love, mend them. Don't leave things undone with the ones you love. Their passing will hurt a lot worse if you don't because there will be questions of "what would my life have been like if I would have just said I love you and I'm sorry", "would my life have been different if I hadn't been such an uncaring jerk", and others. If you aren't close to your family, please get close to them. Family really is forever.

May the Love and Peace of the Creator be with you and your family.
Blessed Be.



No comments:

Post a Comment